Growth, specifically user growth, is at the heart of product development. Every strategy, every tactic, and every initiative, is attempted in the hopes of growing a product's user base. Product Leads are responsible for building amazing, market differentiated products that users love. They de-scope products to a 'minimally viable' version in order to release features as fast as possible. They know the immense value of user input and customer development.
As our Product Lead, you will provide guidance and direction to the development, design and marketing teams to ensure the success of their initiatives.
This role presents the rare opportunity for the right candidate to lead product function, and eventually grow into a Head of Product role in a fintech startup. You’ll be reporting to the CEO, and working closely with the leadership team to continue to build a world-class experience for users.
You will have an entrepreneurial and empathetic mindset that propels you to commit to delving deep into the user experience, the challenges they face and how to improve the product. You'll also come with strong collaboration skills, and the ability to document proper requirements for short term and long-term projects.
This is the role for you if:
- You’re interested in how users behave and what makes a product successful
- You suspect that a deeper analysis of product features might uncover why some of them work, and why others are literally never used by anyone
- You love the idea of rapidly iterating on new features as experiments to find ones that move the needle, and hits customer engagement and growth out of the ballpark
- Are driven by growth initiatives and believe in product-led growth
- Enjoy working closely with engineering, marketing and commercial teams to ensure monthly active usage and customer satisfaction goals are met
- You have prior success defining and launching excellent SaaS products, can pull off that delicate balancing act of prioritizing competing opportunities (including evaluating customer needs against our business priorities), and are a pro at communication, including writing and articulating a user case
- You use a customer-first approach, utilising data and feedback from across the business to optimise the product
In addition to managing the product growth strategy, you’ll be responsible for:
- Data gathering (qualitative and quantitative)
- Planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements
- Helping to define the product vision
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3-5+ years of product management experience in a high growth software product organisation, or a history of working with design and development to produce a great customer experience
- The ability to think strategically (but can get down in the weeds too) with great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong technical background to build for what developers love - you’re a PM by trade, but also enjoy geeking out over fun technical challenges!
- You will work closely with engineers and, together as a team, you will gather as much context and detail as possible to ensure you make decisions that are well-balanced between product and development.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills working closely with product marketing, sales, support, and partner enablement teams to launch products, whilst building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to prioritise among opportunities, balance the needs of a diverse set of partners and customers and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- Obsession over user's problems combined with track record of working directly with design and engineering to craft delightful experiences
- The ability to define and communicate a clear product vision that inspires the team and engages marketplace partners
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics
- Ability to build a compelling business case for new opportunities.
- Experience with product management on SaaS ecosystem platforms
The team you’ll be joining
We believe in a world where all businesses have the confidence that they will get paid for their work. Currently working remotely through the pandemic with a goal to open an office in the City from March 2020, we’re an international team all focused on making a huge difference in credit control so we have lots of ideas and are incredibly driven. We support and care about each other, are incredibly honest with our feedback and work together to achieve our weekly targets. There’s no room for egos, the only agenda is making sure everything we do is to the best of our abilities and we smash our team targets!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.