We’re looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about solving real-world problems at a fast growing fintech startup. UK SME’s are owed £225 billion and spend an average of 336 hours on credit control every year. Chaser is on a mission to solve the late payment problem through the intelligent automation and management of credit control. As our part of our data team, you’ll be instrumental in harnessing data to help drive towards this goal.
This role presents the unique opportunity to help shape Chaser’s approach to data. You will work closely with our Data Scientist to develop models to understand payment trends and assist in the development of new features for our core product offering. You will work cross-functionally as the voice of best practice when it comes to data quality, collection and analysis.
You’ll be reporting directly to our Head of Engineering, and will operate in a cross-functional, remote team to continue to deliver a world-class experience for our users.
- Develop and support new/existing ETL pipelines and integrations with internal/external data sources.
- Support a data-driven culture by expanding internal intelligence reporting and dashboard systems.
- Become an expert on our data models and advise technical teams on data model expansion.
- Become intimately familiar with GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You are someone who sets very high standards for others and especially for yourself. You believe strongly in the importance of Do What You Say You Will Do.
- You are someone who thrives on uncertainty. You won’t necessarily have worked in a startup environment before, but you will be drawn by the incredible opportunities for learning and growth that it presents.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in a Data Engineer related role.
- Solid experience with Python.
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB).
- Familiarity with the GCP ecosystem (BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Data Fusion, ...).
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Remote technical team
How to Apply